Monday, December 29, 2008

So Much for That Idea

The only time we let the boys eat in the living room is when we have pizza on Saturdays for movie night. But this afternoon felt sort of special. Pete’s on vacation and George was taking a nap, so Frank was enjoying some rare one-on-one time with dad. They were playing the Spiderman Playstation game he got for Christmas, and I suggested he could use the McDonald’s card he also got for Christmas to buy a happy meal and they could sit in the living room and play video games. I thought he’d jump at the opportunity. I was wrong. He informed me that his “motor skills aren’t good enough to eat and play video games at the same time.”

We sat at the table while we ate our hamburgers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

frank really said "motor skills?" LOL, he knows more about child dev. than most adults! i'll ask him whether he meant gross or fine, the next time i see hiim!

npage79 said...

That Frank is too funny!

Anonymous said...

i know who my partner is going to be for Trivial Pursuit!

The Brewer Family said...

Frank says some of the funniest things. I still remember you posting about the poop cracking off quote from him! hahaha!!