Friday, January 30, 2009

Slumber Party '09

This is what my parents' house looks like right now:


And they don't have any power, so Mom, Dad, and Granny Candy are staying with us. Frank and George are loving this big slumber party. I'm having fun too, except that I nearly froze last night. I need a bear skin or something between me and the air mattress. I'm not sure how Pete liked sleeping on the top bunk of the boys' bunk beds - but since he's still there, I assume he's pretty comfortable.


We're only 4 miles from my parents, but we didn't get hit nearly as hard as them. The boys had a lot of fun playing in the snow and eating icicles. I told them their snowsuits would keep them dry, and I think they took it as a personal challenge to test my theory:




We have a huge holly bush that looks really pretty in the ice.






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

they STILL don't have power? dang. i'm glad the boys are enjoying the snow/ice!

Tasha and Doug said...

Lucky you! We still don't have power. We have been told it might be a few days (if not weeks). Were these pics taken with your hot pink camera?

JNew said...

they sure were. thanks again!

anna said...

The pictures look pretty, but storms like that are not fun! I'm glad that you are having fun with your slumber party though.

The Brewer Family said...

I know the boys just loved having your parents and grandma over! I was pretty with the sun shining over everything iced. We have to get our two boys for a play date again real soon!

Dawn said...

hope you are warm now!!!

Anonymous said...

the pictures are pretty.... but it was nuts wasn't it??!!? i bet you all had a good time being huddled together in your home though :) it makes for some good memories.

....
come check out my new blog!