1. I gave myself the nickname Jennifer "The Thighmaster" Page in high school, but it never really took.
2. In one of my video production classes, we had to team up with a classmate and each make a short film together. My partner was named Weston. On the day we shot his film (which I knew nothing about), he took me under a bridge in Orange Mound (the worst area in Memphis), drew track needles on my arm with a marker, gave me a needle, and instructed me on how to make it look like I was shooting up while he filmed. I've always believed that if I (or anyone in my family) ever runs for public office, that video is sure to surface.
3. When I was a kid, I couldn't pronounce r's or ch's or sh's. I sounded something like this, "The wabbit wan down the woad because he tchure liked eating gheese." Translation: The rabbit ran down the road because he sure liked eating cheese.
4. When I worked in the financial aid office at the University of Memphis, one disgruntled student called me a troll. It still makes me laugh when I think about it.
5. Pete once had to call in to work because Frank and I were having a total meltdown and, embarassingly enough, they could hear Frank screaming, "Don't hit me, Mommy!" (Which I didn't, of course. But only because he asked.)
6. During the 1996 Olympics I had a huge crush on Bob Costas. My sister-in-law, Laura, knowing this, gave me a framed picture of him at my bridal shower.
7. My first concert was Poison and Slaughter when I was 13.
8. My first date with Pete was another concert - Tonic. Neither of us really liked them, but it was free cuz it was on campus. So anyway...I really like "If You Could Only See" for sentimental reasons.
9. My last concert was the Pixies reunion tour in Atlanta. Frank was 10 months old and still nursing, so we brought Natalie and Colby along so she could babysit while we were at the show. I fell asleep during the opening act, and that's when I knew I was too old for rock concerts. On the way back to the hotel, we bought 3 slices of cake for $21, and that's when I knew I was never going back to Atlanta.
10. Some people from high school best remember me for giving an impassioned speech on the proper treatment of swiss cake rolls.
10 comments:
You're halarious, Jennifer!
I've seen Tonic live.. I love them! I've also learned that I'm too old for live shows except I learned that when I was a senior in highschool. Ever been to the New Daisy in Memphis??? Ick.
These are Funny! I think I will call you the "Thighmaster" from now on!
Those are ALL so funny!! I KNEW yours would be!
I saw Pavement and the Toadies at the New Daisy, and they were great shows, but as you said...ick
We may need that swiss roll speech, thighmaster-girl!
It was an extemporaneous speech caused by the abuse of a swiss cake roll on the band bus. I can't remember exactly what I said anymore, but it ended with me eating the damaged pastry.
Ok....i say we gials get together & eat some Swiss Cake Rolls--we promise we will do it properly. I haven't had one in YEARS!
Happy St. Patrick's day Jennifer & Family!! :)
Jennifer is a WILD THIGHMASTERING SWISS CAKE ROLL PROTECTING WOMAN! Gotta love ya!
you forgot to mention that the swiss cake roll had been stepped on, and that is how it got smashed. I don't remember much of the speech, but I do remember she picked the swiss cake roll up with a look of shock and disgust, and then held it up high above her head and said "where's the humanity" or somehting equally dramatic, and the proceeded to eat the stepped on swiss cake roll. It was a very memorable moment.
IT WAS STILL IN THE PACKAGE!!! As I believe I've mentioned on many previous occasions.
Jennifer....about the dentist place...yes it is in Dyersburg called Dyersburg Pediatric Dentistry. It is probably the same one Micah was telling you about. :) I love that place! :)
Post a Comment