Twilight
The 15 year old girl in me loved the whole love-at-first-sight thing, even though it didn't make much sense. I didn't even mind that there was no plot or even any action until the last 50 pages or so of this almost 500 page book. One thing that did annoy me, though, was that Bella always seemed to be fainting, hyperventilating, or her head was spinning. She made me feel like a nervous wreck.
New Moon
Once again, I got really tired of Bella always crying, hyperventilating, holding herself together so she didn't splinter into pieces. But I loved Jacob - he saved this book for me. He and the other wolves were just fun.
And once again, the suspense at the end wasn't very suspenseful. Oh well.
This might be my favorite installment of the Twilight saga because I loved the love triangle between Bella, Jacob, and Edward. And this time, there was an actual plot that built at least a little suspense and led to a somewhat exciting resolution. Breaking Dawn
** spoiler alert ** Wow, this one was a huge disappointment for me. There was so much promise for what a formidable vampire Bella could be - even Aro (head vampire guy) saying in book 2 that he couldn't wait to see how she would turn out - and then we didn't get to see anything. A 750 page book, each page building to what should've been an awesome good-vampires vs. bad-vampires smack down - and they resolve the whole thing peaceably and walk away!!! That sucked!!! Bella kept talking about her amazing newborn power and how she was dying to rip the bad guys to shreds...and nothing.
Despite the almost total lack of plot, suspense, and action - I still was completely addicted to these books, could not put them down, neglected my children and husband while reading them, and can't wait for the movie in November.
11 comments:
I agree totally. I HATED the way Jacob imprinted on the baby and then decided that he had just as much say about her as her parents. If I were Bella, when she found out about it and chased him, I would have ripped him to shreds. No holding back, for sure. And I hated that it was so open ended. The only good thing I could see about that would be a sequel, which is not supposed to happen, but who knows, right? Currently, I am working my way through the 12 leaked chapers of the next book, and they're pretty good, so far.
And I neglected my family too. Big Time!
I agree in that Bella was always so dramatic and freaking out but then again, I'd kind of freak out if my world involved vampires and werewolves. And, then Jacob imprinting on the baby was what I didn't see coming. You knew all along! Oh, and I was totally wanting a huge fight at the end, too. And, whatever happened to Renee?
I haven't read any of the books but they sound interesting!
Daaaang....you are finished! i was kust thinking about you yesterday and wondering where you were in the books...... ☺
the whole fainting thing was funny to me! :) Kinda made ME feel good because I know I would never be weak like that!! {ha ha}
And....yeah....the 2nd book drove my brain a little crazy with all of her depression and stuff....
And....I think I was disappointed, too....about the LAST BATTLE...or the battle that NEVER HAPPENED.
I really thought there would BE a BIG UPROAR.....but there wasn't.
BUT I DID like the last book because they DID get married and they DID have a baby and they DID help Jacob find his happuily ever after {even though that was very strange....and kinda gross} but WHATEV.
and They all lived Happily Ever After.
I can't wait to see the Movie. Bekah and I are going {and i think maybe Chloe & Joy are going, too}...you should come alone with us!!!!
There is a book coming out about EDWARD's viewpoint....i have read the first chapter {it is online} and it seems pretty neat....but i think i am ready to move on to other books now :)
Any Suggestions????
and YES...i remember when you & julianne had the WAXING party....and she nearly passed out!!! HA HA HA!!! .... yeah....i know the feeling....yesterday was a PAINFUL day. I'll NEVER EVER EVER do that again.....EVER.
man...my comment was LONG!
cassidy has read them.. I am such a slacker and don't read much anymore except the friend and ensign..I can't get hooked to anything b/c i have a span of maybe 15 minutes of peace at any one given moment in the day..That is when I end up blogging..go figure! amanda
Have you read the leaked chapters? Whew, Stephenie Meyers is NOT happy about it. I'm reading them and so far, it's good. I can't figure out what makes these books so addictive. Once I get started reading them, I can't stop until I'm finished!
i'm reading the leaked chapters right now too. it's the same story, but it feels brand new from edward's perspective. i'm lovin' it
i have been reading the leaked chapters....but goodness...she is saying that she might noteven FINISH the book now!!! YIKES!!!
but they are really GOOD! I wasnt going to read 'em....but like everyeone is saying about them...they are ADDICTIVE!!! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT????
Jennifer--check your email...I sent you an invite to my blog. it is private now....i hope i sent it to the right email address!!! if not send me an email & let me know.
Have you read "the Host" yet. I really liked that one. I couldn't finish books 3 and 4. I tried but they were just boring. I really liked the first one though and am excited about the movie, although I rather see the new Harry Potter movie.
Tasha
Ha, ha... I thought much the same. I was addicted for no good reason. I abused my mother and aunt during their visit because I couldn't shake the books. I waited in line with 200 young teenage girls to be one of the first to have the 4 book. And then it was done. All wrapped up in one nice little package. A little disappointing, but enjoyable.
Amanda
Post a Comment