Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Afghanistan

These are some pics of my little brother Scott.
He's in a very remote area with 24 other guys and no running water - which means no showers. Every 15 days they get shipments of water. Natalie told him she was sending him a small inflatable pool to cool off in, but none of his buddies believed him. When it got there, his COs told him he couldn't use it because they couldn't waste the water. But then Scott told them he wanted to use it as a bath, they said OK, and now all the guys are lining up to bathe in it.
Maybe I'll have pics of that to post later.




He's on the left.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Jennifer!! Great pictures!!! he looks like he is doing pretty good (considering the circumstances).

Look at that smile!!! :)

Laura said...

WOW!!! HE GREW!!!!

He's supposed to be a scrawny little 13 year old.

I am amazed...

The Sanford Family said...

I don't even recognize him!! Hey, does Natalie or Stephanie have a blog?

anna said...

I'm so glad that you sent me your blog address. Does anyone else in your family have a blog? This is such a great way to stay in the loop with each other. Your siblings have grown up so much. They aren't 9 or 10 anymore!

JNew said...

No one else in the family has a blog yet, but Natalie's thinking about starting one.

Anonymous said...

Natalie NEEDS to start one!!!

Anonymous said...

So, how is Scott doing? He looks like he's doing well. What's his wife up to while he's gone?

JNew said...

Maggie's doing pretty well. They miss each other like crazy, but she's working and keeping busy.

Eliza said...

Hey Jennifer. It feels creepy to keep up with your blog and not ever tell you so... I am enjoying your blog. And my husband is still sorry for hitting you in the head with a soccer ball at the Memphis stake center.

The Brewer Family said...

I hope all is well with him. Someone that came back from Afghanistan told me that his pants could stand up all by themselves they were so dirty. He told me that the guys didn't get showers but only once in a blue moon. He seems to be doing okay but I'm sure he can't wait to get back home! I still want to get some stuff out to him. What does he need/want?

JNew said...

Scott says his pants stand up by themselves too. That's pretty nasty!
For all of you who've been asking if Natalie has a blog...
http://nbcbutler.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

how'd you get your blog list to update every time someone writes a new post?

Anonymous said...

its mom

JakieWakie said...

Dang. In some ways, he looks just like I remember him, but in some ways he looks completely different. Maybe it's the ginormous guns.

I'm so glad you found my blog, and that you like it! I'm trying to add something at least once a week.

Did you and Pete move? I tried to send a wedding announcement to you, and it was returned to me.

Laura said...

Why don't I remember this brother? I guess it's because the last time I saw him he was very small, and he's not any more. These are amazing pics. But, please don't post any of him bathing. I think we can all do without that.

Dolly said...

My brother, Nathan is about to be deployed to Afghanistan. It's great to see your brother's pictures-makes me a little less nervous :)

Kaci said...

Wow!!! Bless him and your family!