Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Wipeout

Our 4th of July bashes are notoriously dangerous, with many close calls and near misses. But I guess my mom built up a tolerance to that particular adrenaline rush, and in search of a new thrill decided this year's celebration should be based on Wipeout. I was positive someone would end up in the ER. As it turned out, the only injuries were minor cuts suffered by both Frank and George and caused by tripping over cinderblocks - nothing to do with beserk fireworks or water stunts gone horribly wrong.

The festivities began with Alison launching water balloons at the kids. I think Josh was the only one to successfully catch a balloon without breaking it.



Next, Stephanie had them "diving" for bouncy balls in a kiddy pool filled with shaving cream. The only trouble with this one was that Paige wanted to eat it.





They ran straight from the shaving cream to the trampoline where they had 30 seconds to throw as many balls as they could into a basket while Pete took fiendish pleasure in spraying them with a hose.



Finally, they had to carry water balloons across the slip 'n slide without breaking them. Jenna's the only one that fell, and I got the money shot.


None of the adults wanted to get wet, but I guess grandmas can't pass up the chance for a hug...not even wet ones.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so.much.fun.

i love that your kids have so many cousins that live nearby. the wipe out games are great ideas. i'll be sure to steal some :)

npage79 said...

Jenna falling was pretty fun. And it was a great day.

Tasha and Doug said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad you finally posted on your blog!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!
That looks like a LOT of fun!!!

Anonymous said...

hey jennifer...
my blog is private now.. i sent you an invite :)

Sarah (and a few others) said...

What a cool family you have!