My sister-in-law Laura blogged about things you never thought you’d say before you became a parent. That inspired this post.
- After explaining to Frank what slavery is and why it’s wrong, he responded with, “Well… you tell me what to do and I have to do it.”
- We were playing school one day, Frank was the teacher, and I asked him to please explain the existentialism of man in the nineties. He answered, “There were snakes in it.”
- At the water park one day, George was keeping one of his eyes covered and looking so sad and pathetic. When I asked him what was wrong with his eye he said, “It’s broken.”
- Frank keeps telling me he’ll be all grown up when he’s a “teenager daddy.” I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this won’t be one of those self-fulfilling prophecies.
- Once when he was 1 ½-2 years old, I knew Frank was feeling the pressures of toddlerhood because he was tossing in his sleep and moaning about circles, squares, and the color blue.
DISCLAIMER: The four-year-old mind is a mystery. There’s no telling how it internalizes its daily experiences, and no explaining why it says the things it says. In other words, I’m hoping and praying this last one doesn’t offend anybody. - My mom asked Frank if he had a girlfriend at school, and he said yes. She asked him if his girlfriend was beautiful and he said, “Well, she’s black and dirty, but I still kiss her.”
10 comments:
HAHA!! That's hilarious!!!
Once again, Frank cracks me up. I don't know how you get anything done around that house without having to stop and laugh every five minutes.
I've gotta throw mine in there.
When Jacob was about 3 he told the very overweight salesman at Best Buy, "You a big man. You have boobies."
Ooh, that reminds me of another one. We went to a restaurant that was very crowded, so we were seated in the "party" section. There was only one other "party" in there with us. It was very quiet, and Frank asked very loudly, "Why does that guy in the blue shirt have such a big fat head?"
Someone please start another post about the things our kids say that humiliate us! This is fun.
JENNIFER! This is so funny on SO MANY LEVELS!!!
I just don't know where to start....it is just HILARIOUS!!!!!
i wish i could somehow get inside frank's head.. he is so funny.
ok Jennifer...I will tell you one story...but you will see why i can't post it on my blog---
one day Libby & I were shopping and she was like 2 1/2 and a big black lady walked by and Libby GASPED really LOUD and said ((in all Dramatic Form)) "MOMMA LOOK LOOK THERE IS A BIG CHOCOLATE LADY!!!" and the lady turned & looked at me and I just looked down and turned my cart around and "Shhhhh-ed" Libby and then Libby wanted out of the cart, so I let her out and she started to RUN toward the lady yelling... " I want to lick her!!!"
ok...here is one about Jacob:
When Jacob was 3 ((and you know he looked 5 years old when he was 3)) well, we were at the store and there was an old lady just standing there and he ran up to her and just SMACKED HER ON THE BUTT! I said "OH MY GOODNESS..JACOB DON'T DO THAT!" I was smiling a little & hoping that she understood kids and would not be mad...but that lady gave him the Evilest Look & them she turned that look to me and she Didn't Crack a SMILE at all! So...I apologized and scooped Jacob up into the shopping cart and LEFT!
oh yeah, those are good - they both have a high cringe-factor
Jennifer I hope you are journaling all these funny things! Too funny! I love it!
Post a Comment