Saturday, April 2, 2011

Validation

After General Conference today, I asked Frank what his favorite moment during the conference was.  He said, "Will's talk."  Somebody (I think it was Elder Maynes) read a primary talk that his grandson, Will, had given.  In his talk, Will said that all the people in a family, even the children, have to help make their family strong by working hard and having a good attitude.  This is, practically word for word, a concept that I teach my children often - pretty much every time they're less than thrilled that we're folding laundry, pulling weeds, or unloading the dishwasher.  So I asked Frank what he'd learned from it, and he said with a sheepish smile, "That it's actually true."  Guess he had to hear it from someone other than mom to believe it.

3 comments:

Sharalea said...

Beautiful! Love this.

General Conference isn't just for adults!! Go Frank!!

Miles said...

..just like the rope! Yea for Will to tell Frank how it is! It's the good attitude part that throws M off...

Anonymous said...

That is funny. You have some great kids!